Agriculture Literacy Day Program
Here We Grow Florida!
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services created this year’s Agriculture Literacy Day book titled Here We Grow Florida! We are excited to announce that this year’s book highlights the Florida ornamental horticulture industry.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
Agriculture Literacy Day is going to look different this year with some schools being online and some schools not allowing visitors into schools, but we want everyone to have the opportunity to hear someone read Here We Grow Florida! in their classroom. Volunteers we need you! If you are willing to virtually read to a classroom or record yourself reading the book please fill out the form below.
This year our accompanying resources look different also. Instead of bookmarks and stickers we have created two activity newspapers, one for grades K-2nd and one for grades 3rd-5th. When you fill out the ‘Materials Registration’ form below you will indicate how many students you have in your class or you will be reading to in each grade level group. Volunteer readers, normally we send the supplies to you to take into the classroom during your visit. However, this year we request that if you are not physically going into the classroom to read, you ask the teacher to fill out the ‘Materials Registration’ form so that the supplies make it to the correct address.
This year we have created hands-on activity newspapers to accompany Here We Grow Florida! We will send 1 activity newspaper per student that is included in the student count in the registration form. You can also download and print out the activity newspapers below.
- Here We Grow Florida! – Flipbook version
- ELA-Standards-and-Exercises_Here We Grow Florida
- Here We Grow K-2nd Activity Newspaper
- Here We Grow K-2 Answer Key
- Here We Grow 3rd-5th Activity Newspaper
- Here We Grow 3-5 Answer Key
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Book Resources:
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Books:
- Forever There’s a Forest! – Flipbook version
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Fruit (PDF)