Agriculture Literacy Day
These Florida Farms!
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom is moving Agriculture Literacy Day to the fall and this year’s kick off date is November 13, 2018.
To transition Agriculture Literacy Day from the spring to the fall Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc. will be using These Florida Farms!, the 2008-2009 book. This gives volunteers the entire school year to find an elementary school to work with and the perfect date to read. FAITC invites Florida agriculture industry volunteers to find an elementary school near them!
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
- Teacher Flyer
- ELA Standards and Exercises
- These Florida Farms Vocabulary
- Pre/Post Test
- Garden in a Glove
- Garden in a Glove_Student Worksheet
- How to Make Butter in a Jar
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- How to Make Cheese and Cottage Cheese
- Dairy Make N’ Take Standards
- Word Scramble
- Word Search
- Crossword Puzzle
- Resources Answer Key
Please take a brief survey after you have participated!
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Books:
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Fruit (PDF)