Agriculture Literacy Days
The Work of the Wings
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services created this year’s Agriculture Literacy Day book titled The Work of the Wings. We are excited to announce that this year’s book highlights honeybees and their importance to Florida agriculture.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFVA members, FNGLA members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
There is no set date for this program, please find a date that works best for the volunteer reader and the school. We believe that Every day is Ag Literacy Day!
- The books are almost here! Registration is now open.
- Please allow at least 2 weeks for materials to be delivered.
- The Work of the Wings – Online Flipbook Version
- The Honeybee Herald K to 2nd Activity Newsletter
- The Honeybee Herald Activity Newsletter 3rd to 5th
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Book Resources:
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Books:
- The Cattle Tale
- Here We Grow Florida!
- Forever There’s a Forest!
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Fruit (PDF)