Agriculture Literacy Days
Moovers, Shakers and Milk Makers
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Florida Dairy Farmers created this year’s Agriculture Literacy Day book titled Moovers, Shakers and Milk Makers. We are excited to announce that this year’s book highlights the Florida dairy industry.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFVA members, FNGLA members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
There is no set date for this program, please find a date that works best for the volunteer reader and the school. We believe that Everyday is Ag Literacy Day!
- The books are finally in! Registration is now open.
- Please allow at least 2 weeks for materials to be delivered.
- Moovers, Shakes and Milk Makers – online flipbook version
- Dairy Activity Newsletter K to 2
- Dairy Activity Newsletter 3rd to 5th
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Book Resources:
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Books:
- The Cattle Tale – Online Flipbook Version
- Here We Grow Florida! – Flipbook version
- Forever There’s a Forest! – Flipbook version
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Fruit (PDF)