Agriculture Literacy Day
Forever There’s a Forest!
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Agriculture Literacy Day kick off date is October 22, 2019, but you can read any day of the school year.
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc. and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services created this year’s Agriculture Literacy Day book called Forever There’s a Forest! We are excited to announce that this year’s book highlight’s the Florida forestry industry. The Agriculture Literacy Day program will kickoff in the fall again this year giving volunteers the entire school year to find an elementary school to work with and the perfect date to read. FAITC invites Florida agriculture industry volunteers to find an elementary school near them!
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
- Register a Reader Form – This is for one reader going into one or more classrooms.
- Register a Group of Readers Form – This is for more than one reader going into one or more classrooms. FFA, 4-H, Organizations, etc.
- Forever There’s a Forest! – Flipbook version
- ELA Standards and Exercises_Forestry
- Pre_Post Test_Forestry
- Recall Your Rings_Forestry
- Word Search_Forestry
- Word Scramble_Forestry
- Pine cone bird feeder
- Newspaper Pots_Make N Take
- Crossword Puzzle_Forestry
Please take a brief survey after you have participated!
Past Agriculture Literacy Day Books:
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Fruit (PDF)