Excellence in Teaching About Agriculture Awards
Are you a Florida teacher who uses agriculture to teach the state standards? If so, you are eligible for Florida Agriculture in the Classroom’s Excellence in Teaching About Agriculture Award. Winners win a trip to the National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference, in 2024 the conference will be in Salt Lake City, UT, June 24-27. This is your chance to brag about all the great things you are doing in your classroom!
There will be 2 state winners and from there we will pick an overall winner. If you have any questions email Becky Sponholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The overall winner will receive a $500 honorarium and the other winner will receive $250.
APPLICATION WINDOW WILL CLOSE JANUARY 15, 2024, at end of day.
2024 Florida Excellence in Teaching About Agriculture Award Application
- Ray Cruze – Roosevelt Academy
- Shelly Miller – Gove Elementary School (Overall Florida Winner)
- Alyson McCullough – Hilliard Middle Senior High
- Katrina Lynn – Southwest Middle School
- Al Piotter – Trafalgar Middle School
- Mary Lynn Hess – Goldsboro Elementary Magnet School – 2021 National Excellence in Teaching About Agriculture Award
- Susan Hahn – Pine Jog Elementary
- Cheryl Pahl – Hunter’s Green Elementary
- Carley Dyal – Keystone Height’s Jr/Sr High School
- Millennia Gardens Elementary School Eco Club – National Excellence in About Agriculture Winner
- Deb Walker
- Suzette Gagnon
- Jacqueline Holmes – National Excellence in Teaching About Agriculture Winner
- Amanda Ellis
- Kaitlin Van Heusen