Florida Agriculture in the Classroom will be offering Teacher Grants for the 2020-2021 school year. Due to COVID-19 FAITC has moved the application deadline from October to January 31, 2021. The grant is open to general education and agriscience teachers in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade who want to use agricultural concepts to teach core subject areas.
The deadline for applications will be January 31, but we will only be accepting the first 40 complete applications. Be sure to read the Application and Guidelines for helpful hints on completing the application correctly. The guidelines may have changed slightly, so make sure you read them carefully. Florida Agriculture in the Classroom’s Teacher Grant program strives to fund classroom projects that teach Florida school children about the importance of agriculture and introduce them to agricultural producers and representatives in their areas.
Application and Guidelines:
- Teacher Grant Guidelines 2020_2021
- Appendix A_Application_Word_Document
- Appendix B_Teacher_Grant_Rubric
- Appendix C_Budget Sample
- Grant Helpful Hints
- All proposals must be emailed by January 31, 2021.
- Only the first 40 complete applications will be accepted and be considered.
- Announcement of awards will be in February 2021 by email.
- Progress report due to the FAITC office: March 26, 2021
- Final reports must be completed online or postmarked on or before June 15, 2021.
Certified Florida teachers engaged in classroom instruction at the pre-kindergarten through 12th grade levels who integrate agricultural concepts into non-agricultural curricula, as well as agriscience teachers.
2019 Teacher Grants:
- If you got an extension into the 2020-2021 school year you will not be eligible for a 2020 Teacher Grant until the previous grant is fulfilled.
- FINAL REPORT – YOU MUST SHRINK YOUR IMAGE FILES TO UPLOAD THEM. THERE ARE MULTIPLE PROGRAMS ONLINE TO ASSIST WITH THIS. IF YOUR FILES ARE TOO LARGE YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES SUBMITTING THE FORM. WE RECOMMEND YOU TYPING UP YOUR FINAL REPORT IN A WORD DOCUMENT IN CASE THEIR ARE ISSUES AND THE FORM CLEARS BEFORE IT IS SUBMITTED.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE FILLING OUT THE CORRECT FINAL REPORT. THE WRONG LINK WAS SENT IN AN EMAIL. THIS IS FOR TEACHER GRANTS, NOT SCHOOL GARDEN GRANT. THANKS!