Florida Agriculture in the Classroom is now accepting Teacher Grant applications! FAITC created an instructional PowerPoint with helpful hints on how to write our grant application.
The grant is open to general education and agriculture teachers in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade who want to use agricultural concepts to teach core subject areas. Florida Agriculture in the Classroom’s Teacher Grant program strives to fund classroom projects that teach Florida school children about the importance of agriculture and introduce them to agricultural producers and representatives in their areas.
The application window has now closed for the 2023-2024 school year.
Grant Information and Application:
- Teacher Grant Guidelines 2023_2024
- Appendix A_Application_Word_Document
- Appendix B_Teacher_Grant_Rubric
- Appendix C_Budget Sample
- Teacher Grant Helpful Hints PowerPoint
2022-2023 Final Report – PAST DUE
- What you will need before you begin filling out your final report:
- Copies of all your receipts – please make this one document if possible.
- Photos – preferably photos that show the beginning, middle and end of project.
- Photo release form – If necessary.
- FAITC lessons taught with pre and post test score averages.
- Percent of students who tried produce from the garden.
- Complete one of the following forms:
- Grant Applications will go live August 9, 2023.
- All 2032-2024 proposals must be emailed by September 29, 2023.
- Only the first 40 complete applications will be accepted and be considered. When we get close to 40 applications, we will put an announcement on this page.
- Progress reports must be completed online by December 13, 2023.
- Final reports must be completed online or postmarked on or before May 17, 2024.
Certified Florida teachers engaged in classroom instruction at the pre-kindergarten through 12th grade levels who integrate agricultural concepts into non-agricultural curricula, as well as agriculture teachers.