What We Eat – Part 1
Students will sort fruits and vegetables by examining plants – grown in the school garden, purchased in the market, or featured in models or pictures – into the parts of the plant eaten as food, identify a serving size, and locate where on MyPlate the food belongs.
- Identify the parts of the plant.
- Sort fruits and vegetables by plant part.
- Sort images of produce into botanically correct fruits and vegetables.
- Place sorted fruits and vegetables into MyPlate.
- Describe and provide a general explanation of the nutrients provided by fruits and vegetables.
Activity One: 45 minutes, plus time for student work
Activity Two: 45 minutes
Activity Three: 30-40 minutes
Activity Four: 30 minutes