Salad Rap – Part 2
Students create a rap song or chant and dance containing and promoting the components of their favorite salad as well as use chant as a device to remember that plants do not eat and only plants produce food.
- Learn a rap song about rain as a device to introduce the topic and teach accompanying motions.
- Create a rap song describing the vegetables in a salad (that may be growing in the school garden.)
- Create a dance or motions to accompany the rap song.
- Identify servings and categories of the vegetables within the rap song.
- Include the differences between meeting their nutritional needs in the song versus what they may want to have as a treat.
- Introduction: 15 minutes
- Activity One: One hour
- Activity Two: One hour
- Activity Three: One hour
- Practice: 10 minutes per day over several days
- Performance time: Two minutes