Energy In/Energy Out
Students will evaluate their meal selections, determine the caloric content and evaluate eating and exercise options to maintain a healthy weight.
- Track their food consumption over a period of time.
- Research caloric content of foods eaten.
- Identify and conduct physical activities necessary to meet the recommended balance of calories and exercise.
- Research information on nutritional recommendations and exercise habits to build a comprehensive understanding of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Journal about food intake and exercise and how it influences a healthy lifestyle.
Four to five, 50-minute class periods, plus time to document food consumption over a period of days as an assignment.