1, 2, 3 Infinity?
Connecting annuals, biennials, and perennials to the foods we eat helps students understand the nutrients those foods provide us and why the plants contain those nutrients. The focus will be on how plants store food and why.
- Define annual, biennial, and perennial.
- Identify plants for each category – annual, biennial, and perennial.
- Describe how, where and why plants store food.
- Link nutrients obtained from plant foods to food storage in that plant.
- Set a personal goal to eat more fruits and vegetables.
Introduction: 1 hour unless photosynthesis has not been taught
Activity One: 45 minutes to one hour
Activity Two: 30-45 minutes
Activity Three: 45 minutes plus time for research
Summary: 10 minutes