2020 School Garden Recipe Contest
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom is holding their 2nd annual School Garden Recipe Contest. The goal of this contest is to expose students to growing their own produce and encourage healthy eating habits. Students and teachers will work together to create easy to replicate, healthy recipes.
- Schools must have a garden and grow at least one ingredient in their recipe to be eligible.
- The 3 categories will be: 1) appetizer/snack, 2) salad/side and 3) entree/soup.
- Recipes must be submitted by school garden program leader (school staff member).
- Recipes can be created in teams of 3-5 or as a class.
- Each school can submit up to 3 recipes.
- Prizes will be given to the school that submitted the winning recipes.
- Recipes due February 15, 2020.
- Submit Recipes to Becky Sponholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a 2019 School Garden Recipe Book please email Becky Sponholtz at email@example.com.