- TO REQUEST A WORKSHOP AT YOUR SCHOOL OR SCHOOL DISTRICT CLICK HERE!
Upcoming FAITC Workshops and Farm Tours for 2017-2018 School Year:
- May 17, 2018 in Palm Beach County.
- Teacher Training and Farm Tour
- Location: Everglades Research & Education Center
- 3200 E Palm Beach Road, Belle Glade, FL 33430
- Time: 9:00am-3:45pm
- Registration link coming soon!
- Tentative Agenda
Save the Date: 2018 Summer School Garden Workshops!
June 4th and 5th 2018 Two-Day Workshop: Orange County June 8th 2018 One-Day Workshop: Suwannee County
Gardening for Nutrition Webinars – Webinars were presented to UF/IFAS Extension Family Nutrition Program, but can be used by formal and informal educators.
- Chapter 4 – Kindergarten through second grade lessons in Gardening for Nutrition.
- Chapter 5 – Third through fifth grade lessons in Gardening for Nutrition.
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Training Workshops:
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom has trained facilitators around the state who can conduct a workshop in your area. Teachers in kindergarten through 12th grade who teach any subject and agriculture industry volunteers interested educating students about Florida agriculture are invited to attend these trainings, which last up to five or six hours and include lessons from Florida Agriculture in the Classroom’s two core curricula, “Gardening for Grades” and “Gardening for Nutrition.” Both curricula are correlated to Florida State Standards, and the workshops would train you on how to present them to students.
The workshops and materials are free (or for a nominal fee for regional workshops & farm tours) to anyone who attends. Teachers who participate are eligible for professional development points. If you are interested in having a workshop scheduled in your area, please contact Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Executive Director Becky Sponholtz by emailing email@example.com the Education Program Manager Tracee Schiebel by emailinggro/gatga//lebeihcs