- TO REQUEST A WORKSHOP AT YOUR SCHOOL OR SCHOOL DISTRICT CLICK HERE!
2017 Summer School Garden Two-Day Workshops – For more information CLICK HERE
Upcoming FAITC Workshop/Farm Tours for 2016-2017 School Year
- First Stop: December 2, 2016. Thank you to Florida Agricultural Museum, Blue Sky Farms and all who participated.
- Second Stop: February 23, 2016. St. Lucie County Workshop and Farm Tour. Resources below:
2016 Summer School Garden Workshop – Resources Page CLICK HERE
Upcoming FAITC Workshops
- If you have a suggestion of a commodity you think we should visit on a 2017-2018 Teacher Workshop and Farm Tour please email Becky Sponholtz with suggestions.
Gardening for Nutrition Webinars – Webinars were presented to UF/IFAS Extension Family Nutrition Program, but can be used by formal and informal educators.
- Chapter 4 – Kindergarten through second grade lessons in Gardening for Nutrition.
- Chapter 5 – Third through fifth grade lessons in Gardening for Nutrition.
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Training Workshops:
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom has trained facilitators around the state who can conduct a workshop in your area. Teachers in kindergarten through 12th grade who teach any subject and agriculture industry volunteers interested educating students about Florida agriculture are invited to attend these trainings, which last up to five or six hours and include lessons from Florida Agriculture in the Classroom’s two core curricula, “Gardening for Grades” and “Gardening for Nutrition.” Both curricula are correlated to Florida State Standards, and the workshops would train you on how to present them to students.
The workshops and materials are free (or for a nominal fee for regional workshops & farm tours) to anyone who attends. Teachers who participate are eligible for professional development points. If you are interested in having a workshop scheduled in your area, please contact Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Executive Director Lisa Gaskalla by emailing ude/lfu//allaksagor the Education Program Manager Becky Sponholtz by emailingude/lfu//ztlohnops