Florida Agriculture in the Classroom will be offering Teacher Grants for the 2020-2021 school year. Due to COVID-19 and the unknowns in school this fall FAITC is opening their grant applications January 1, 2021 instead of August. The grant is open to general education and agriscience teachers in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade who want to use agricultural concepts to teach core subject areas.
The deadline for applications will be January 31, but we will only be accepting the first 40 complete applications. Be sure to read the PowerPoint and Guidelines for helpful hints on completing the application correctly. The guidelines may have changed slightly, so make sure you read them carefully. Florida Agriculture in the Classroom’s Teacher Grant program strives to fund classroom projects that teach Florida school children about the importance of agriculture and introduce them to agricultural producers and representatives in their areas.
- If you got an extension into the 2020-2021 school year you will not be eligible for a 2020 Teacher Grant until the previous grant is fulfilled.
- FINAL REPORT – YOU MUST SHRINK YOUR IMAGE FILES TO UPLOAD THEM. THERE ARE MULTIPLE PROGRAMS ONLINE TO ASSIST WITH THIS. IF YOUR FILES ARE TOO LARGE YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES SUBMITTING THE FORM. WE RECOMMEND YOU TYPING UP YOUR FINAL REPORT IN A WORD DOCUMENT IN CASE THEIR ARE ISSUES AND THE FORM CLEARS BEFORE IT IS SUBMITTED.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE FILLING OUT THE CORRECT FINAL REPORT. THE WRONG LINK WAS SENT IN AN EMAIL. THIS IS FOR TEACHER GRANTS, NOT SCHOOL GARDEN GRANT. THANKS!
Application and Guidelines:
- All proposals must postmarked on or before October 1, 2019 or be hand delivered to the FAITC office. Email applications will not be accepted.
- Only the first 40 complete applications will be accepted and be considered. We need 6 copies of application with budget and timeline and 6 copies of your letter of support from administrator.
- Announcement of awards will be in November 2019 by email.
- Progress report due to the FAITC office: Dec. 13, 2019.
- Final reports must be completed online or postmarked on or before May 15, 2020.
Certified Florida teachers engaged in classroom instruction at the pre-kindergarten through 12th grade levels who integrate agricultural concepts into non-agricultural curricula, as well as agriscience teachers.