Florida Agriculture in the Classroom is pleased to offer Teacher Grants for the 2017-18 school year. The grant is open to general education and agriscience teachers in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade who want to use agricultural concepts to teach core subject areas.
The deadline for applications is October 2, but we will only be accepting the first 40 complete applications. Be sure to read the PowerPoint and Guidelines for helpful hints on completing the application correctly. The guidelines have changed slightly, so make sure you read them carefully. Florida
Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc.’s Teacher Grant program strives to fund classroom projects that teach Florida school children about the importance of agriculture and introduce them to agricultural producers and representatives in their areas.
- All proposals must postmarked on or before October 2, 2017 or be hand delivered to the FAITC office. Email applications will not be accepted.
- Only the first 40 complete applications will be accepted and be considered. We need 6 copies of application with budget and timeline and 6 copies of your letter of support from administrator.
- Announcement of awards will be in November 2017 by email.
- Progress report due to the FAITC office: Dec. 15, 2017.
- Final reports must be completed online or postmarked on or before May 18, 2018.
Certified Florida teachers engaged in classroom instruction at the pre-kindergarten through 12th grade levels who integrate agricultural concepts into non-agricultural curricula, as well as agriscience teachers.