Florida Agriculture in the Classroom is offering a special grant this year to help repair some of the damage that Hurricane Irma caused in September. We have funding for 22 $500 grants to help with some of the repairs. We will keep the grant application online until all funds have been given out.
Grant Information, Guidelines and Requirements:
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc.’s Hurricane Relief Specialty Grant is a one-time grant designed to assist school agriculture projects that were damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Irma. The project must continue to be used to teach Florida’s students about the importance of agriculture and allow teachers to use agriculture to teach health, science, language arts, math and other subjects.
- Grant proposals must be submitted online beginning Monday, October 30, 2017.
- Announcement of awards will begin mid November 2017 and continue until the grant funds are depleted. We only have a limited number of grants.
- Final report will be due to FAITC by May 18, 2018.
Certified, general education and agriscience teachers in Florida engaged in classroom instruction at the kindergarten through 12th grade level who use agriculture to teach Florida standards are eligible.
- 22 $500 grants will be awarded.
- If your school has already received FAITC grant funding for the 2017-2018 school year you are NOT eligible.
- Photo evidence must be submitted by email after completing online application to be eligible for funding. Emails must be sent to email@example.com, subject: Hurricane Grant Photo Evidence, school and teacher name must be in body of email.
- Grant money cannot be used for transportation.
- Grant money cannot be used for salary or compensation.
- Grant money cannot be used for clothing, promotional or giveaway items.
- Grant check will be made payable to the school, not to an individual.
- Grant checks not cashed within 60 days after receipt will become null and void.
- Students must be directly involved in project.
- A detailed budget must be included with your application.
- Only one grant will be awarded per school.
- If any changes in project or budget are made throughout the project recipients must send an email with changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A final report is due (online) to FAITC office no later than May 18, 2018. Final report must include copies of all the receipts adding up to $500, copies of photo releases, photos of the finished project, number of students reached and measured outcomes set by applicant in application.