2017 Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Agriculture Literacy Day is set for Tuesday, May 2, 2017. The title is “Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood.” More information coming soon.
The annual reading event is a chance for farmers, ranchers, University of Florida IFAS extension and 4-H agents and master gardeners, FFA teachers and students and agriculture industry representatives to go into elementary classrooms and read a children’s non-fiction book about Florida’s aquaculture and seafood industries to students in kindergarten through fifth grade. This year’s book is titled Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood. The kick off date is May 2 but you can read any day after that until the end of the school year.
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc. invites Florida agriculture industry volunteers to read its newest non-fiction book to elementary school children that will showcase the aquaculture and seafood industry in Florida.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
Click here for 2017 Agriculture Literacy Day Announcement Press Release
2017 AGRICULTURE LITERACY DAY BOOK AND TEACHER RESOURCES:
- Click Here for a PDF Version of Drive Through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood.
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS): Aquaculture and Seafood Coloring Page
- Lower Elementary
- Upper Elementary
- FDACS Map Matching Game
AGRICULTURE LITERACY DAY BOOKS:
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)