Agriculture Literacy Day2018 Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Agriculture Literacy Day is set for Tuesday, May 1, 2018. The title is “Drive Through Florida: Fruit.”
The annual reading event is a chance for farmers, ranchers, University of Florida IFAS extension and 4-H agents and master gardeners, FFA teachers and students and agriculture industry representatives to go into elementary classrooms and read a children’s non-fiction book about Florida’s fruit industries to students in kindergarten through fifth grade. This year’s book is titled Drive Through Florida: Fruit. The kick off date is May 1 but you can read any day after that until the end of the school year.
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc. invites Florida agriculture industry volunteers to read its newest non-fiction book to elementary school children that will showcase the fruit industry in Florida.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
Registration is now open for 2018 Agriculture Literacy Day.
- Please contact the classroom teacher you will be reading with to determine the best day and number of students in the class before registering.
- Please allow 2 weeks for processing and delivery after registering
Register a Group of Readers – This is for groups where more than one reader will be going into classrooms. Usually FFA, 4H, Extension Offices, Farm Bureaus, etc.
Register a Reader – This is for one person who will be going into one or more classrooms.
Request a Reader – This is for teachers who would like a volunteer reader to come into their classroom and read this year’s book. FAITC will do their best to find a reader, but in the event we cannot we will send the supplies to your classroom.
Click here for 2018 Agriculture Literacy Day Announcement Press Release
AGRICULTURE LITERACY DAY BOOKS:
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)
- Drive through Florida: Seafood (PDF)