Agriculture Literacy Day
Drive Through Florida: Fruit
2018 Florida Agriculture in the Classroom Agriculture Literacy Day is set for Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
Florida Agriculture in the Classroom, Inc. invites Florida agriculture industry volunteers to read its newest non-fiction book to elementary school children that will showcase the fruit industry in Florida.
This year’s book is titled Drive Through Florida: Fruit. The kick off date is May 1 but you can read any day after that until the end of the school year.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services employees, University of Florida IFAS Extension Agents, 4-H Agents and Master Gardeners, Florida Farm Bureau members, Florida Cattlemen and Cattlewomen members, FFA teachers, students and other agriculture industry representatives are invited to read and are asked to schedule their classroom visits with schools at least two weeks before their readings.
2018 Agriculture Literacy Day Resources
- Fruit Crossword Puzzle
- Fruit Word Search
- Fruit or Vegetable? – This activity will help students understand the scientific difference between a fruit and vegetable.
- Eat More Fruit! – This activity will teach students why eating fruit is good for them.
- Suggested Activity – Fruit taste test with students.
Agriculture Literacy Day Books:
- These Florida Farms (PDF)
- Green Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida Farms at Work (PDF)
- Healthy Florida Farms (PDF)
- Florida’s Farm History (PDF)
- Florida Farms at School (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Livestock and Poultry (PDF)
- Drive Through Florida: Vegetables (PDF)
- Drive through Florida: Aquaculture and Seafood (PDF)